Statutory Consultation on Proposed Admission Arrangements for 2021/2022
Why and how are we consulting?
The School Admissions Code 2014 (“the Code) requires all admission authorities to publicly consult on the proposed admission arrangements for their schools/academies where they propose to make changes to them or at least every 7 years, even if there have been no changes during that period.
At Darwen St James’ C of E Primary Academy we are proposing an amendment to the acceptance criteria for admissions.
This consultation seeks stakeholder’s views and comments.Admission authorities must consult for a minimum of six weeks between 1 October (at the earliest) and 31 January (at the latest) in the determination year.
We would like your views on our admission arrangements for our school.
The consultation will run from 13 December 2019 to 31 January 2020
Start of consultation.
31 January 2020
End of consultation period and deadline for submitting response.
3 February 2020
Consideration of all responses received during the consultation period.
Week Commencing 10 February 2020
LGC will consider all responses received during the consultation period and approve the policy.
28 February 2020
Statutory deadline for formally determining admission arrangements
15 March 2020
Statutory deadline for sending determined admission arrangements to Blackburn with Darwen Local Authority
Who are we consulting with?
- Parents in our borough who have children between the ages of two and eighteen
- Other persons in our borough who the local authority believes will have an interest in the proposed admissions;
- All other admission authorities within the borough;
- Governing bodies in the borough (who are not admission authorities);
- Our adjoining/neighbouring local authorities where the admission authority
- The body representing the religions/religious denomination, in this case Blackburn Diocese
- Headteachers, members of staff and Governors within the Blackburn with Darwen Authority;
- Any other interested parties.
How to respond
The consultation will run from 13 December 2019 to 31 January 2020 (a period of six term time weeks).
Draft Admissions Policy 2021-22
You are invited to submit responses about the proposal to the the school by:
Alternatively, download the consultation response form using the links below
and return via:
Email: [email protected]
Post to: Admissions, Darwen St James’ C of E Primary Academy, St James Crescent, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 0EY
Responses must be received no later than 3.30pm on Friday 31 January 2020.
Responses received after this time and date may not be considered.