Darwen St James’ is a converter Academy. This means that the Governors chose to convert the school to an Academy and in October 2014 they joined Cidari Multi Academy Trust.
As an Academy Darwen St James’ Senior Leadership Team and Local Governing Committee have built on the strengths of the predecessor school.
Effective 27th August 2020 there is a requirement for all maintained Schools to publish specific financial information on their School website, including how many School employees (if any) have a gross annual salary of £100,000 or more in increments of £10,000. As an academy we also wish to make this information explicit -
At Darwen St James’ CEP Academy there are no employees of the single academy who fall into this category.
If you wish to find out information regarding the financial information of the Trust please use this link -
Since conversion, Darwen St James have been granted two Condition Improvement Funding (CIF) bids.
2015-16 Fire safety and remediation work £64,437.00
2019-20 Security and Fencing £70,713.00
The developments we have been able to make through this money have made our site more secure and also fully fire safe. We look forward to further ways we can continue to develop our academy for our children and community in the future.
The Schools Financial Benchmarking Tool helps schools compare their finances with similar schools and make comparisons between income, balances and workforce structures.
Benchmarking helps schools to:
- make better-informed decisions and triggers further discussion
- facilitate peer learning and exchange of ideas between schools and academies
- compare spending with other similar schools or academy trusts
- consider how to use resources to support high-quality teaching and education outcomes for pupils
- consider whether resource allocations are working or whether outcomes could be improved by doing things differently
Please use the link to the Financial Benchmarking tool for our academy: