Online safety is an integral part of children’s education in today’s digital world and is embedded in their learning at school. We also want to help our parents and children improve their own understanding of online safety issues so they can learn to use the internet and all digital media in a safe and secure way.
Please click the image below to see our recent update on Squid Game and how to keep your child safe.
Where Can Children Access Support?
Get help and advice about a wide range of issues.
Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online? Make a report to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors.
Kooth is an anonymous site which helps children and young people to feel safe and confident in exploring their concerns and seeking professional support. Kooth.com is an online application removing the need for Apple/Android accounts, data requirements and the stigma of mental health apps on your devices.
As a parent, you’ll know how important the internet is to children – they use it to learn, play, socialise and express themselves. It’s a highly creative place of amazing opportunities. But the technology children use every day can seem a bit daunting and you might worry about the risks your child can face online – such as bullying, contact from strangers or the possibility of them seeing illegal or inappropriate content. Here are some conversation starter ideas from www.childnet.com
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online
Click here for a wide range of excellent advice for keeping your children safe online.
Download the National Online Safety App!
National Online Safety’s FREE app is the easiest way to keep children safe online. It’s a one-stop-shop for parents and educators to learn everything they need to know about the latest apps, games and devices used by children. It provides instant access to online safety education, training and updates so that parents and educators can protect their children from online harm and abuse.
Oscar’s Adventures in the Online World has been created to help you understand what it takes to stay safe in the online world. It can be used as a story book at home. All you need is a hint of adventure to open up endless hours of wonder and excitement, while learning how to make safer decisions when using the internet. Help Oscar make the right decisions so he can avoid dangers on his journey through the online world.